Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thankfulness Project Monday



I stole this from my Soul Sister, who stole it from  counselormusings@blogspot. Gratitude and thankfulness are meant to be part of our daily life. There are days where the day is gone before it even occurs to me that the good stuff was with me all day, and I didn't notice it.

I am grateful for:
  • For medical care that far surpasses what most people in this world have available. I dislike my C-PAP  machine, but I am grateful that it is available for me and that it helps.
  • I am grateful for all the supportive friends I have and for being able to spend time with them.
  • I am grateful that there is a systemic way to get my girls what they need to benefit from their education. It is a blessing to be able to fight for what they need- a blessing my mother didn't have 40 year ago, when she needed it for my brother.
  • I am grateful for the opportunity to grow my patience raising my second family. Although it can be incredibly difficult in the moment, it keeps me focused on where I am going and doesn't leave me time to get side tracked. The smiles, hugs, and accomplishments  are a joyful, free bonus.
  • I am grateful for my grandson. He holds the promise of breaking the generational cycle of damaged children.
What is there in your life to be grateful for?

6 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

What a great idea. I am grateful that you are grateful. I am also grateful that I too am breaking the cycle of abandoned children. XOXO

Barb G said...

I am grateful for God, for tough days because they truly put my blessings in perspective, and for my family. I'm grateful for bloggers who are transparent as they work their way through life. (((hug)))

"Lil Ol' Me" said...

:) You're a sweetheart!!

And as I mentioned in my post...I, too thought it was a great idea.

I have had to remind myself several times today why/what I wrote yesterday...adding those lil things that are frustrating and upsetting to that list.

stellarparenting.com said...

grateful for great friends like you who get it.
1 more sleep!

Counselor Musings said...

Yes! I absolutely love that you are doing this too:) I would love to get as many people on board with the Thankfulness Project Monday posts! I'm glad to have found your blog:)

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

I keep telling myself that I'm jumping on board. I really need to, especially now. I'm thankful for having so many wonderful SOUL sisters.