I stole this from my Soul Sister, who stole it from counselormusings@blogspot. Gratitude and thankfulness are meant to be part of our daily life. There are days where the day is gone before it even occurs to me that the good stuff was with me all day, and I didn't notice it.
I am grateful for:
- For medical care that far surpasses what most people in this world have available. I dislike my C-PAP machine, but I am grateful that it is available for me and that it helps.
- I am grateful for all the supportive friends I have and for being able to spend time with them.
- I am grateful that there is a systemic way to get my girls what they need to benefit from their education. It is a blessing to be able to fight for what they need- a blessing my mother didn't have 40 year ago, when she needed it for my brother.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to grow my patience raising my second family. Although it can be incredibly difficult in the moment, it keeps me focused on where I am going and doesn't leave me time to get side tracked. The smiles, hugs, and accomplishments are a joyful, free bonus.
- I am grateful for my grandson. He holds the promise of breaking the generational cycle of damaged children.