- GB has never slept anywhere without me except a few single nights at my sisters.
- Hope would be home and she wouldn't.
- It is expensive- $10,000 for six weeks, $2200 for the one week I would agree to.
- A lot of new experiences, packed into one week. (Not GB's strong point)
- Would have to trust someone else with GB's medication. (Not my strong point)
- She is only eight!
- It is a special needs camp, with a counselor to camper ratio that varies from 1:3 to 1:1
- It is only 25 miles away.
- GB is social- she loves friends!
- It would give her a chance to stretch her wings and see how capable she really is.
- The camp offers her kind of activities- swimming, campfires, horseback riding, arts and crafts, singing and dancing, drum playing and putting on plays.
- Her disabilities would be approximately in the middle.
- I have to start letting go sometime.