Saturday, October 15, 2011

Take the Challenge! ( I am)

Today I found a challenge I couldn't resist, over at Pearls of Price. It is the 14 Day Plan to Improve Thought Patterns. Starting today, I am committing to speak to everybody (the school district and Hope included) using positive or neutral language for fourteen consecutive day. If I can't figure out how to use positive or neutral language, I have to say nothing. For consecutive fourteen days, including  six days the Dad will be in Michigan.

After my realization that I was me, Thursday night, without anything Hope did changing my reaction, I wanted more of that. I will be using my blog to track my progress and hold myself accountable. I would appreciate prayers and good thoughts... I do not think it is going to be easy. Any body want to join us?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Don't be too hard on yourself. I think if we can do this 80% of the time our lives improve dramatically. Let's face it, our kids have super natural powers in the button pushing department. Once in awhile, a mom is going to lose it! :)

Seven From Heaven said...

I really should join you, but I'm not sure if I could do it.

Mom of 7 said...

This is great! I think your updates on your blog will be a great encouragement to me. I really need to do this..I feel I have been so negative lately.

Accidental Expert said...

Wow! This is quite a challenge. I'm not sure I can do it, but I'm going to give it a try.

Kristine said...

May the force be with you!

Mamita J said...

Oooooo...your challenge is harder than mine. :-) Well, since I just told Cupcake that I needed to work on my critical spirit, (mostly as it relates to drivers...but children also) then I guess I'm in. I will be needing to start tomorrow, since I already blew it today.