Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 1 Report

Yesterday was day one of attitude challenge. I had Hope all day, and while I was much quieter than normal, I succeeded without much trouble. GB was home and I had the girls together for three hours. A little harder, but still a success.

The more difficult part of day one was in the evening. The Dad and I went out to dinner with three friends. My humor tends to have a sarcastic bite to it. My dinner company and I  enjoyed ourselves. The Dad continually monitored my conversation and repeatedly asked if what I just said was positive or neutral. It was mostly sarcasm, which is not positive, but can be enjoyable. I might add, it wasn't at his expense. Since I won't be going out to dinner again in the next thirteen days, the situation will not arise again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to say it sounds like you did really well and we all need to cut loose with our friends on occasion. I for one love sarcasm so long as no one gets offended which it sounds like you did not do.

Kristine said...

And you held back from kicking him in the shins how?

B/c I think if Rich did that to me there would be some serious consequences.

Anonymous said...

Your husband sounds like a laff riot.