Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nurture

The Dad and I switched kids for a couple of hours last night. He got to watch GB do some amazing stuff at gymnastics and spent time helping her regulate and enjoy the evening. I watched Hope's class, complete with arms crossed and flat out refusal to participate in some of the activities.  After class, as I got Hope ready to go home, I softly talked about some of the activities she did participate in and how much fun she seemed to be having. I told her we had a couple of hours to spend together and it was up to her how we spent them. She asked to get into her pajamas, so we did that, then she brushed her teeth and took her medicine. She went to get her current favorite book, "Harold and the Purple Crayon". We both laid down in my bed and spent an hour and 1/2 reading. We had a meltdown free evening and, hopefully, stored a little love in the "good memory bank". It won't happen again today, but that is alright. It will happen another day. I am sure of it.

No comments: