Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful November, Day 12

Today I am thankful for my sister. Today is her birthday and it hit me (again) that we were the only ones left of our original family. I love her unconditionally even though we are almost nothing alike. Maybe because we are nothing alike, her total support of my kids and my choices- ones she would never make- always stood out as a constant, comforting given. Our families spend all major holidays together and always have. We have traditions built up that not only are important to us, but are counted on by our children. She has three biological children, 2 of which are special needs. We currently live 700 miles apart, but our families share a closeness from the years when we lived in neighboring towns. Happy Birthday, Sis!

My sister, Lynn with GB

No comments: