Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

GOOD
  • The crisis intervention people were here within 15 minutes
  • We have eight hours of respite monthly, to use as we want
  •  We have eight hours of skill building a month from the same person
  • We meet the worker Monday


BAD
  •  Even without homework yesterday, Hope couldn't hold it together
  • She raged over an eight minute time out for refusing to help GB clean up after painting
  • Hope  slugged GB and then went after me
  • The whole incident lasted almost three hours
UGLY
  • Hope bit me  me again
  • Even with the crises counselors help, Hope was unable to process anything
  • The crisis counselor is added to the list of people that think she needs to be hospitalized.
She is only six, but we are running out of time.

7 comments:

acceptance with joy said...

So SAD! It makes my "horrid" morning charade seem like a walk in the park.

What will it take to save her.

Sophie said...

So Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, too... H.

Jane said...

Absolutely NOT making light of the situation, but been there, done that, got the bite scars to prove it. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

TwisterB said...

They have had great success with MDMA therapy and PTSD. As far as I can tell from searching he internet there is no RAD testing going on, although it seems like a natural. I guess because MDMA is illegal, they are focusing on therapy for vetrans, because everyone loves vetrans.

Since Hope is sooooo severe/resistant to treatment, is there any experimental programs you could sign her up for? I don't necessarily mean drugs or anything dodgy but if you are on a huge waiting list for approved treatments, it might be worth looking at what's out there in terms of scientific study or research.

Sarah said...

I am so sorry. This is all so sad. :(

Molly said...

I'm sorry! HUGS. They seem so insufficient... but HUGS