Friday, June 29, 2012

ESY

Since Hope's Attachment Therapy Intensive is scheduled for the day after summer school starts, the school district does not want to pay for either girl to go. I understand their position. The girls would miss 8 days out of a 30 day day program. It doesn't even bother me if GB doesn't go, because I had hesitated to sign her up. A relaxed summer, with Hope in summer school may be just what she needs. I want Hope to go, not only because that is key to a relaxed summer for GB, but because after going through the kindergarten program twice, with one on one academics, Hope still is not sure of all her sounds. I am trying an approach with the school that I haven't tried for years... I simply asked for what I wanted, nicely, with no threat, implied or otherwise. I am interested in seeing how it works out.

1 comment:

Giulia said...

Let hope it works.

Not to be the ugly bird, but do you have a plan B in case your strategy does not work ?


Hang in there