Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Yin and Yang of Returning Home

I expected payback when The Dad and I returned from Chicago. GB was a little clingy. She told me everything she had done, interspersing how the items she brought kept me close. She slept in my night gown, which still smelled like me. She brought Ernie, which had been MK's when she was little. She brought the sleeping bag I had given her pre-Hope. The friend who kept her sent me an occasional  picture and she was obviously coping.


Hope showed me everything the friend keeping her bought her- jackets, shirts, and plenty of Bling! When asked if she missed us, she said no. It was much funner at the other friends house. Outside of shoving all the stuff she got in GB's face, Hope was fine Monday.


Then came Therapy Tuesday. Hope raged three different times Tuesday afternoon and she was vicious. She told the therapist she didn't remember ranging, but on the way home, when I asked her how many times she raged today, she knew without even thinking about it. Sigh.


Hope is no more attached than she was 18 months ago.

5 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

I'm sorry about Hope's failure to make progress. It must be hard for GB. And the rest of your family.
Has Hope ever harmed Mali or the dog?

Sarah said...

SO glad GB did well! And so sorry about Hope. :/ *hugs*

Karen Wesley Writes said...

Glad you got away and that everyone was still alive when you got back home. Do it more often.

Seven From Heaven said...

(((hugs))) I know how bad it hurts.

Anonymous said...

I think the true pain of the statement that Hope is no more attached than she was 18 months ago is the quiet knowledge that she may NEVER attach at all. And the terrible uncertainty of figuring out when you have done everything you can to make that happen.