Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Experience with Reiki

Yesterday, my SIL got everyone out of the house (no easy task) and I had my first Reiki session. I have major neurological problems- two kinds of neuropathy and a white matter disease- and at this point they are all progressing. My SIL believes she can use Reiki to heal me of all of them. I agreed to suspend disbelieve and give it a chance.

My SIL has a room that she uses for Reiki and meditation. One wall has 6" squares, each with a Reiki symbol, arranged in two sets on the far wall. There are two antique brass bowls, each with a wooden cylinder, and each makes its own distinctive sound.  There are many crystals of varying sizes and colors. There was  a large massage table in the center.  Music was playing, but low enough that I wasn't trying to identify it. Directly outside a pair of French doors, there was a a ten foot waterfall,the sound of which attracted my attention much more than the music.

I laid down and closed my eyes. I heard her putting something on the table, I think in the four corners. My legs started twitching and then went into spasms. Even though my eyes were closed, I saw sea green everywhere.  I noticed an unfamiliar odor- not unpleasant, but definitely some thing I didn't recognize. The color slowly changed to grey. I don't really know how long it took,  but it seemed like time was stretched  out.

I am not sure what, if anything, happened. My SIL was pleased and said it went well. I am still processing the whole episode. When I draw conclusions, I'll share.

3 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Hummm.... are you going to do more? you'll have to let me know how it goes.

Denise said...

I'd love to hear about your conclusions. Two of my sisters are reiki masters and have worked on me a few times. I've also had weird sensations in my leg where I have neuropathy and felt intense heat. I also was sure that my sister had her hand on my leg, when she'd actually walked away from me. I've seen intense colors, too. I haven't done it enough to know if it helps me, but I definitely felt things while being worked on.

They've worked on E, too, and I've seen some amazing changes in him right afterwards!

Hedged in Beauty said...

Thanks for sharing your experience... Please keep us posted as you progress!