Wednesday, December 8, 2010

3 Strikes

Today was suppose to be a very busy day. Hope had a field trip to the ice skating rink and has never ice skated. She was very agitated. GB is on day 7 of her latest manic. Not fun. Both girls had therapy last night.  The therapist reported that she still doesn't know what makes Hope tick and that GB has a tenuous hold on reality. Sigh.

Today Hope was suppose to finish the evaluation with the new shrink. The Dad picked her up early from school and started on the hour journey. Halfway there, her office called and said she went home sick. Meanwhile, I had an appointment with a neurologist. Shortly after I signed in, I was told the neurologist was sick and went home. It is rescheduled for next week.

When I got home, an email from Hope's Texas mom was waiting. She said her youngest child, who is almost 4, had been crying for Hope and they would really like to talk to her. I haven't answered because I don't know what  to say.

What I really want to do is go to bed and start over with tomorrow.

7 comments:

Psycho Mom said...

Oh man! Tell the Texas lady no!!!! And do not feel bad. You are protecting your daughter. She is trying to protect hers, but you can't throw yours under the bus for her sake. Bummer!

Anonymous said...

delete key works wonders

at times like this, ice cream and cholocolate syrup work marvels

Kristin said...

Honestly, I say this every time, but I would put the Texas Mom on the back burner. Maybe if she had considered Hope's needs a wee bit more, and treated her more like a daughter, then she wouldn't be quite so bad off.

I guess I mean: Ignore her for now. If she persists, tell her to go pound sand.

Anonymous said...

On the good side, you avoided being exposed to 2 (probably different) viral illnesses!

Another good? Hope's younger sibling was not completely poisoned against her. I have such a low opinion of the TX grown-ups I'm sure it never occured to her how her treatment of Hope was affecting her other kids.

If you don't want to just hit "delete", you can always say "You mean even after getting rid of the source of all your problems, you find that parenting is still difficult? I'm done with cleaning up your messes. You deal with that one."

Ms. G said...

Oh Lord. All I can say is I hope today was a better day. Oh and icecream w/syrup is good. Also check to see if the Keebler chocolate mint cookies are on sale where you live too. They truly are magic.

marythemom said...

If you decide you want to do something, I would possibly send a short note about what Hope is doing (you would write it - and Hope doesn't even have to know about it)and a picture. The child is only 4. It's not like kids really talk on the phone anyway. But it's up to you, and I wouldn't blame you a bit if you just ignored it.

Mary in TX

Miz Kizzle said...

Struggling to Stand put it beautifully. No way does Texas Mom deserve to be part of Hope's life. Her little boy is crying for Hope? That's too bad. He'll get over it. Writing to her or conversing on the phone only encourages her. Cut her off firmly and decisively.